Purpose of the website
The purpose of the website is to connect you with local independent funeral directors and where applicable provide you with representative pricing relating to a “simple funeral”. The content of the website is provided for general information purposes and to provide visitors with information on simple funerals are available in specific locations. Any services/ contract agreed with a funeral director listed on the website do not involve localfuneral.co.uk.
The Funeral Notices section of the website provides a way for bereaved families and friends to share tributes to deceased persons and provide details of the arrangements of their funeral and associated events.
Use of the website
Golden Charter Services Limited cannot accept liability for any loss of any kind as a result of reliance on the information provided on the website or any other website which can be accessed by a link from the website or the functioning of the website (see below for links to the website policy). The content of the website is subject to change without notice.
Views and opinions expressed in user generated content “content” (such as a memory on a Funeral Notice) submitted by members of the public are those of the individual submitting the content, not those of Golden Charter Services Limited or any funeral director associated with the website, therefore we accept no responsibility for such content.
Golden Charter Services Limited excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability for any claims, penalties, losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from the use of, or inability to use, the website or from any unauthorised access to or alteration of the website.
Links to the website
You are permitted to create a link from your website to the homepage of the website providing you do not link to the website from any site containing obscene, defamatory, threatening, inflammatory or degrading material or material which infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any third party or which is otherwise unlawful. By linking to the website, you agree that you have read and agree to be bound by this Linking and Framing Policy ("this policy").
Links are permitted to individual pages on the website, however if you do create a link to the website, you do so at your own risk and this Policy and Terms and Conditions of Use of localfuneral apply to all use of the website via the link. Any framing of the website may only be made by seeking written consent of Golden Charter Services Limited. Applications should be made in the first instance by telephoning 0141 931 6384.
You agree not to use any trademark of Golden Charter Services Limited, or any related graphic, as a link without prior written authorisation from Golden Charter Services Limited.
Links from the website
Golden Charter Services Limited does not monitor or review the content of websites which can be accessed by a link from the website. Opinions expressed or information provided on any linked sites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by Golden Charter Services Limited. Golden Charter Services Limited is not the publisher of material appearing on or available via any linked website and will not be held liable for any information, advertising, products or services on or offered from such sites, nor can Golden Charter Services Limited guarantee your privacy where you access other websites via the website.
Any dealings between you and any third party advertisers or suppliers found on or via the website, including payment for and delivery of products, services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are made between you and the relevant supplier. Golden Charter Services Limited is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings.
Supplier uploaded information / content
Funeral Notice Information
Families of the deceased are responsible for all content uploaded to funeral notices. As such, by uploading content, all families confirm they are the exclusive owner of all content added and any content added will not infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s trademark, patent, copyright or other intellectual property rights or result in the violation of any applicable laws.
Golden Charter Services Limited makes every effort to maintain customer confidentiality and security when making any transactions. This includes taking steps to ensure the security of your personal information. Our practice reflects current security standards. As no purchases may be made online from the website, no bank and/or credit card details will be taken.
We respect your privacy and are firmly committed to protecting your information. The law places certain obligations on us and we have put further procedures in place so that the data you provide will only be used in a lawful and fair way and that we will never mislead you about the use of your data. You can be sure that we will never pass on your information to third parties except where this is necessary for service fulfilment purposes or unless required to do so by law. We will not send you marketing material without your express consent.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and Golden Charter Services Limited under which you may access the website.
This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, the website.
You may use the website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
not to access without authority, interfere with,
damage or disrupt:
- any part of the website;
- any equipment or network on which the website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the website “Your Content”.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- must be accurate (where facts are stated);
- any opinions (where stated) must be genuinely held; and
- must comply with applicable laws of England and in any country from which they are posted.
Your content must not:
- include personal information of a third party;
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent Your identity or affiliation with any third party;
- give the impression that they represent Golden Charter Services Limited, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
Golden Charter Services Limited will determine, in its discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through use of the website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, Golden Charter Services Limited will take action that it deems appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your access to or use the website;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the website;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.