Purpose of the website
The content of the website is provided for general information purposes and to provide visitors with information on simple funerals are available in specific locations. Any services/ contract agreed with a funeral director listed on the website do not involve localfuneral.co.uk.
The Funeral Notices section of the website provides a way for bereaved families and friends to share tributes to deceased persons and provide details of the arrangements of their funeral and associated events.
Use of the website
Golden Charter Services Limited cannot accept liability for any loss of any kind as a result of reliance on the information provided on the website or any other website which can be accessed by a link from the website or the functioning of the website (see below for links to the website policy). The content of the website is subject to change without notice.
Views and opinions expressed in user generated content “content” (such as a memory on a Funeral Notice) submitted by members of the public are those of the individual submitting the content, not those of Golden Charter Services Limited or any funeral director associated with the website, therefore we accept no responsibility for such content.
Golden Charter Services Limited excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability for any claims, penalties, losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from the use of, or inability to use, the website or from any unauthorised access to or alteration of the website.
The website is established in the United Kingdom and is directed to residents of the United Kingdom only.
If you have a password to the website you must treat such information as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party. Should you deem it necessary to share this password with a third party i.e. an office manager to allow them to update your business contact details, they will be deemed as acting on your behalf and therefore you will be held responsible for any actions taken by the third party in relation to localfuneral.co.uk.
Links to the website
You are permitted to create a link from your website to the homepage of the website providing you do not link to the website from any site containing obscene, defamatory, threatening, inflammatory or degrading material or material which infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any third party or which is otherwise unlawful. By linking to the website, you agree that you have read and agree to be bound by this Linking and Framing Policy ("this policy").
Links are permitted to individual pages on the website, however if you do create a link to the website, you do so at your own risk and this Policy and Terms and Conditions of Use of localfuneral apply to all use of the website via the link. Any framing of the website may only be made by seeking written consent of Golden Charter Services Limited. Applications should be made in the first instance by telephoning 0141 931 6384.
You must not misrepresent your relationship with Golden Charter Services Limited or present false or misleading impressions about Golden Charter Services Limited. Links may not be used in a manner that implies or suggests that Golden Charter Services Limited approves or endorses you, your website or your goods and/or services (except what we may have agreed separately with you in writing). Golden Charter Services Limited shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website, nor are we responsible or liable for any content contained within funeral director company listings. You agree to indemnify and defend Golden Charter Services Limited against all claims arising out of or based on your website. Golden Charter Services Limited reserves the right at any time and at its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular links to the website from your website.
You agree not to use any trademark of Golden Charter Services Limited, or any related graphic, as a link without prior written authorisation from Golden Charter Services Limited.
Subject to your compliance with the above terms, Golden Charter Services Limited grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use Golden Charter Services Limited’s name solely for the purpose of establishing any permitted link under this policy. Except for the limited license to use Golden Charter Services Limited’s name as set out and otherwise as may be permitted by applicable law, you may not use any of Golden Charter Services Limited’s trademarks without express written permission.
Golden Charter Services Limited may at any time, at its sole discretion, without cause terminate the license to use Golden Charter Services Limited’s name and your right to link to any pages on the website. In such event, upon request, you agree to immediately remove all links to the website and to cease using Golden Charter Services Limited's name for linking purposes. Thereafter, any future links to the website by you will require the express written permission of Golden Charter Services Limited. Golden Charter Services Limited reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time. By continuing to link to the website, you agree to be bound to and abide by this Policy, as well as the Terms and Conditions of use on the website, as amended from time to time.
Golden Charter Services Limited reserves the right to employ all necessary measures at any time to remove any linking to or framing of the website.
Links from the website
Golden Charter Services Limited does not monitor or review the content of websites which can be accessed by a link from the website. Opinions expressed or information provided on any linked sites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by Golden Charter Services Limited. Golden Charter Services Limited is not the publisher of material appearing on or available via any linked website and will not be held liable for any information, advertising, products or services on or offered from such sites, nor can Golden Charter Services Limited guarantee your privacy where you access other websites via the website.
Any dealings between you and any third party advertisers or suppliers found on or via the website, including payment for and delivery of products, services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are made between you and the relevant supplier. Golden Charter Services Limited is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings.
Supplier uploaded information / content
Golden Charter Services Limited enables funeral directors to create, upload and store content such as text, imagery, video or other materials and information through the members’ area. By creating, uploading and storing information within the funeral director portal, you grant Golden Charter Services Limited a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable and perpetual license to your member content to use, store, copy, modify, distribute, publish, broadcast or exploit in any other way to promote the website. Unless you provide written consent, Golden Charter Services Limited does not claim ownership of any uploaded member content.
All funeral directors are solely responsible for all content uploaded to the members’ area. As such, by uploading company information, all members confirm they are the exclusive owner of all content added and any content added will not infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s trademark, patent, copyright or other intellectual property rights or result in the violation of any applicable laws. Golden Charter Services Limited is not responsible or liable for any content uploaded to the members’ area.
Funeral Director Pricing
Funeral directors have the option to add pricing for funeral director services relating to a “simple funeral”. This allows visitors to view a representative cost of a “simple funeral” from individual funeral director businesses. Funeral directors who chose not to add prices will have pricing shown as POA – price on application. Should the visitor chose to filter funeral director results by price, funeral directors with pricing noted as “POA” will be placed at the bottom of the search results.
Funeral director responsibilities relating to pricing are:
- Where a funeral director business has multiple branches they will be required to update the pricing for each branch
- Prices detailed on the website must reflect current pricing within the funeral director business
- Should funeral director pricing change, the website must be updated within 5 working days to reflect the new pricing
- Funeral directors should select the crematorium most commonly used within the business to allow the website to correctly populate the pricing associated with the crematorium. This can be changed by the funeral director at any time and allows the website to provide a representative price to visitors.
Golden Charter Services Limited makes every effort to maintain customer confidentiality and security when making any transactions. This includes taking steps to ensure the security of your personal information. Our practice reflects current security standards. As no purchases may be made online from the website, no bank and/or credit card details will be taken.
We respect your privacy and are firmly committed to protecting your information. The law places certain obligations on us and we have put further procedures in place so that the data you provide will only be used in a lawful and fair way and that we will never mislead you about the use of your data. You can be sure that we will never pass on your information to third parties except where this is necessary for service fulfilment purposes or unless required to do so by law. We will not send you marketing material without your express consent.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and Golden Charter Services Limited under which you may access the website.
This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, the website.
You may use the website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
not to access without authority, interfere with,
damage or disrupt:
- any part of the website;
- any equipment or network on which the website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the website “Your Content”.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- must be accurate (where facts are stated);
- any opinions (where stated) must be genuinely held; and
- must comply with applicable laws of England and in any country from which they are posted.
Your content must not:
- include personal information of a third party;
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent Your identity or affiliation with any third party;
- give the impression that they represent Golden Charter Services Limited, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
Golden Charter Services Limited will determine, in its discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through use of the website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, Golden Charter Services Limited will take action that it deems appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your access to or use the website;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the website;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.