|Salary||Up to £40k per annum|
|Date posted||17 December 2018|
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join our expanding Golden Charter Services in-house development team. This is a full-time, permanent roll.
Our team operate as a technology start-up and we are focussed on using the latest technology to revolutionise the funeral industry. You will be working within a team using best-in-class technology to deliver ground-breaking services to our customers, technologies including AWS, Docker, SaltStack, Bitbucket Cloud, Twilio & Google Analytics.
The team are working across a range of new applications for Golden Charter and its UK network of independent funeral directors. The first of these is localfuneral.co.uk. This is a relatively new space for digital technology and, as a result, we are in a domain which encourages new, innovative solutions. As a member of the team you’ll be expected to help research and shape these opportunities, and deliver products which help the entire industry move forward.
We are a small group with a real passion for innovation and quality. The candidate will have a strong desire to learn continuously, not just to improve their own abilities, but to further develop the team around them. As a member of the team you will share in our annual budget for training and conference-attendance. There is a real focus on continuous improvement, and there will be opportunities to develop cross-functional skills in analysis, test, coaching and product-ownership, should you want them.
Key skills and experience
Ideally we would like experience or a passionate interest in the following but, if you are in any doubt about individual items, don't worry, we'd still like to talk.
- 3 or more years work experience as a Software Developer embedded in full-stack, cross-functional software development teams
- Completion of relevant formal language-specific training and certification
- Proven skill set in delivering secure web-applications into customer-facing production environments
- Participation in iterative and incremental software development in BDD and Agile environments
- Proficient in delivery of cloud-based, containerised applications which operate at scale
- High level of competence in PHP
- Experience of ‘Modern PHP’ features and practices (PHP 7+, Composer, Symfony, Zend, Laravel)
- Database implementation in MySQL or NoSQL
- Working knowledge of deploying and maintaining applications on AWS.
|Salary||Up to £40k per annum plus personal and company-related annual bonus|
|Date posted||17 December 2018|
|Pension||6% pension contribution|
|Life Assurance||4x annual salary|
|Other||Training and conference-attendance allowance; Discounted gym membership; Competitive annual leave, with option to purchase up to a further 5 days.|
How to apply
If you'd like to apply for this position you should email your CV to email@example.com.
By applying for this job you're agreeing to Golden Charter Services Limited contacting you regarding your enquiry.
We'll only call you to talk to you about your application. We won't pass your details on to any third parties.