Thomas Greatorex started the business at Matlock in 1892.
The original business was that of joiners, wheelwrights and blacksmiths, but as times
changed and horses and carts gave way to motor vehicles, the emphasis changed to joiners and undertakers.
Thomas died in 1939 and his two sons Raymond and Roland continued to run the business. Major development of the business took place in the 1950's as a new chapel of rest and offices were opened at Matlock Green on our existing site.
The Jepson family acquired the business in 1980 when Roland Greatorex retired.
Roger Jepson continues to lead the firm along with his wife Julie and their two son Tom and Harry.